The Special Needs Fund exists to provide financial assistance to projects and activities that will support, extend and improve the quality of Scouting provided to young people with additional needs in Scotland.
There are no restrictions to the type of project or activity for which funding may be provided. However, priority will be given to applications focussing on:
Section programme events and Camps
- Section International Experiences
- Camping, activity and games equipment specifically required for members with Special Needs
- Costs of additional volunteer support (e.g. Carers or Nursing help) required for a Special Needs member to take part in Scouting activities, however excluding salaries or wage costs
- Training of Leaders in Special Needs Matters
- Adaptations to premises to provide a user friendly environment for special needs members
All applicants will be asked to explain how the project or activity will benefit young people with Special Needs in Scotland.
Full funding will not normally be granted and applicants should state how the balance of the funding will be achieved.
Forms should be appropriately completed and endorsed as follows:
- Relevant Line Manager (GSL, DESC, DC, RC)
- Regional Adviser (Special Needs)