5 Stars Sixers & Leaders Weekend Camp
Further information is being sent out before the holidays to all of the Packs who have reserved places for their Sixers and Leaders Training, which will include a generic permission/ health form and a request for the balance of payment to be with SHQ by 1st August 2011.
There are still a few places left if you wish to register your Pack before the holidays.
Contact Terry O’Neill at SHQ on firstname.lastname@example.org
Aberdeen District’s Scottish Challenge Badge Themed Weekend
170 Aberdeen Cubs had a Scottish themed camp based round the Cub Scout Challenge badge.
A great time was had by all especially when they all went home with the badge.
Great Western District Camp
Cub Scouts from Great Western District had a camp at Auchengillan recently where the Great Egg Drop was a popular base on the Sunday.
Guess which group felt like Humpty Dumpty!
Ride 4 Haiti
Looking for ideas for a good turn?
Charity Muslim Hands are organising a bike ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats during the summer, stopping off at various towns in Scotland for a day of community activities.
For more details visit www.ride4haiti.org.uk
Holiday to do list:
- Check your details are up to date on MSN so you don’t miss any vital information which we want you to receive;
- Have a good look at Programmes Online – www.scouts.org.uk/pol - for new ideas for next session;
- Make a note of any important events in 2012 e.g. Olympics and Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – resources coming out to support both events;
- Clear out the Cub cupboards and sort paperwork; BUT
- Most importantly -relax in the garden, hopefully in glorious sunshine, and recharge the batteries for next year!
It has been good to meet ADCs for each Region throughout this year and next year I would hope to meet even more leaders and Cubs at camps and events including Acceler8 on 27th August 2011.
For more information, have a look at www.scouts-scotland.org.uk/acceler8 and then come and meet us in the Meet the Teams Zone.
Also, please let me know if you are organising events and I will try to come to as many as possible.
Have a great summer break – and thank you and your team for all the work you have done this session to promote and develop Cub Scouting in Scotland.
To contact the Cubs Support Team, email us at email@example.com or phone SHQ and chose option 3 for Cubs.
SHQ Commissioner (Cubs)